Skip to main content
Skip to navigation
Edinburg CUSD #4
- High School
- Junior High
Immunization and Physical Clinic
Edinburg Community School Registration Date
Edinburg – The Edinburg Schools have set registration for Wednesday, August 6, 2018 for the 2018/19 school year from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
All grades K-12 will register at Edinburg Community School, 100 East Martin St. If the above registration date causes a problem because of vacations, etc. please contact the building administrative assistant Stacy Glasscock to set up an alternative registration time.217-623-5603.
If you need help with school supplies please contact Chris Thomas at 217-623-5603
Elementary “Meet the Teacher” Night:
The teachers at Edinburg Community School to invite all of their students and families to a “Meet the Teacher” night and open house on Monday, August 20th. It will be held from 6:00 to 7:00 pm. at Edinburg Community School.
This will allow students and families to meet their new teachers, tour the classrooms and bring their new school supplies. Teachers hope this will give more families the opportunity to be a part of their child’s first day of school and ease those first day jitters. Student’s official first day of school is Tuesday, August 21, 2018.
The Junior High Baseball will have their first practice Monday, July 30th, 2018 at 4:30 pm. Junior High Softball will have their first practice July 25, 2018 at 4:30 pm. The high school volleyball teams season starts on Wednesday, August 8th, 2018. High School Football Monday August 6, 2018.
There will be open houses at Edinburg Community School Monday August 20, 2018. It will be held from 6:00-7:00 pm.
First Day of School:
The first day of school for the 2018-2019 school year will be Tuesday August 21, 2018. It will be a regular attendance day due to Public Act 97-0742, which requires 5 hours of instruction on the first and last day of school.
Illinois Law requires that every child shall present proof to the local school authority of having received such immunizations as the Illinois Department of Public Health shall require. The current requirements are proof of immunity against the following:
– Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis – kindergarten students must have had four or more doses of DTP/DTap with the last dose qualifying as a booster and received on or after the child’s fourth birthday. Students entering grades 6-12 are required to have proof of one dose of Tdap.
– Polio – Kindergarten students are required to have four or more doses of the same type of Polio vaccine with the last dose qualifying as a booster and received on or after the student’s fourth birthday. All other grades need three or more doses unless the series is given in any combination of Polio vaccine types four or more doses are required.
– Measles, Mumps & Rubella – two doses of each Measles, Mumps & Rubella Vaccines, the first dose must have been received on or after the student’s first birthday and the second dose no less than 4 weeks (28 days) later.
– Hepatitis B – For students entering grades 6 thru 12: Three doses hepatitis B vaccine administered at recommended intervals.
– Varicella – For students entering grades 4 and 5 one dose must have been received on or after the student’s first birthday. For students entering grades 2,3,6,7,8,9,10,11,& 12 two doses of Varicella.
– Meningococcal Conjugate – Students entering grades 6,7 & 8 are required to have one dose. Students entering grade 12 need two doses unless they received their first two doses at 16 years of age or older, then only one dose is required.
Students who have moved into the district, any grade, must present proof of the required immunizations at the time of registration. The deadline for updated immunizations for students is Monday, October 15.
Health Examinations are required by the Illinois Department of Public Health for
– Students entering kindergarten (or first grade if not previously enrolled in kindergarten.)
– Students entering sixth and ninth grades
– Any student transferring into Illinois from out-of-state or out-of-country
Deadline for physicals for students in kindergarten, sixth, and ninth grades is Monday, October 15.
Parents/guardians are encouraged to have their children undergo an eye examination whenever health examinations are required. Parents/guardians of students entering kindergarten or an Illinois school for the first time shall present proof of an eye exam before Monday, October 15, 2018.
All children in kindergarten, second, and sixth grades must present proof of having been examined by a licensed dentist before May 15, 2019.
Elementary, Junior High, and High School students are all given a student handbook which contains the guidelines, rules, and regulations of each school.
We ask that parents also read these handbooks and we ask your cooperation in seeing that all students observe these regulations which are made so that schools and students can operate smoothly with the greatest benefit for all students. We ask that particular attention be given to attendance policies of each school. Good attendance is extremely important for a student’s education. If it is necessary for a student to be absent because of illness or other good reason, certain procedures must be followed.
School Lunch and Breakfast:
National School Lunch Program, School Breakfast Program, and/or Special Milk Program are available at all schools in the Edinburg CUSD breakfast and lunches will be served daily starting Tuesday, August 21, 2018.
For students grades K-6 the lunch price is $1.80 and for students grades 8-12 the lunch price is $2.05. Breakfast for students K-12 is $1.05
Families of children unable to pay the full price of meals served at Edinburg may make application for free or reduced price meals. The application will be available at registration please see Chris Thomas.
Monday: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Tuesday: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Wednesday: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Thursday: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm.
If doors are locked please call school at 217-623-5603 to be let in.
School Supply List
Click here for list.
"The Staff, Faculty, and Administration of the Edinburg School System are committed to producing globally competitive citizens who are prepared for life in the twenty-first century and who are lifelong learners. We seek to enhance and promote education, and to provide a safe and positive environment for all students."
- Calendar Tab
- Highlights Tab
- Quick Links Tab
August 15, 2018
Booster Club Meeting
August 17, 2018
NOVA Jr.. High Club Mr. Jeffers at Lunch
August 20, 2018
6:30pm to 7:30pm
View Entire Month
Edinburg Community School District #4
On behalf of the students, staff, and administration, we welcome you to the Edinburg CUSD #4 School website.
We are glad that . . .
Sep 21, 2017
Edinburg CUSD #4100 East Martin StreetEdinburg, IL 62531
- more info
© 2018 Edinburg CUSD #4
Back To Top