St. Xavier’s School, Rohini
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
|St. Xavier’s School, Rohini|
| Sahibabad Daulat Pur , Rohini |
Delhi , India
|Established||1990; 28 years ago|
|Principal||Fr. Shaju, SJ|
|Grades||Junior through higher secondary and vocational|
St. Xavier’s School, Rohini, is a Christian English medium school under the management of the Society of Jesus , an international Catholic religious order. The school is coeducational and recognized by the Board of Education Delhi Administration and is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE),  with science, commerce, and humanities streams. 
History[ edit ]
The school at Sahibabad Daulat Pur , Rohini, Delhi , was started in 1972. The Jesuits took over the management of the school in 1990, when it became affiliated with St. Xavier’s School, Delhi . The new building was completed on 1 May 1998 and the school has grown to include close to 4,000 students. The Rohini campus includes a junior school, vocational training, and a National Institute of Open Schooling (afternoon tutorial). The Loyola Vocational Institute is mainly for high school dropouts and has eight hundred students; remedial tutorial classes are held for children attending local government schools. The school was graded an “A star institution” by the Times News Network.  It enjoys the administrative assistance of the Congregation of Jesus (CJ) sisters since 2006. 
Activities[ edit ]
These include Student’s Council, excursions, eco club, inter-house competitions, yoga, annual day, theatre club, sports day, inter-school competitions, parents day, and other celebrations. The school uses the house system where houses compete for points  and each January activities culminate with a sports day where a trophy is awarded to the winning house. 
Facilities include: grass playing fields, gymnasium, activities and yoga room,  audio-visual room, auditorium,  music room, and labs for science, computers, mathematics, and English language. 
References[ edit ]
- ^ “CBSE Schools in Delhi | List of CBSE Schools | Byjus.com” . CBSE Class 6-10. Retrieved 2017-09-08.
- ^ “Courses | Xavier” . xaviersrohini.edu.in. Retrieved 2017-09-08.
- ^ “Technical training at the Loyola Vocational Institute in India – Edujesuit” . Edujesuit. 2016-02-17. Retrieved 2017-09-08.
- ^ “About Xavier’s | Xavier” . xaviersrohini.edu.in. Retrieved 2017-09-08.
- ^ “Activities | Xavier” . xaviersrohini.edu.in. Retrieved 2017-09-08.
- ^ arti manoja (2014-12-07), St. Xavier, shaahbad daulatpur, delhi. Sports day , retrieved 2017-09-08
- ^ [PDF]CBSE National yoga Championship 2016 – Acharyakulam
- ^ Pawan Yadav (2015-10-18), St. Xavier’s School, Rohini , retrieved 2017-09-08
- ^ “Facilities | Xavier” . xaviersrohini.edu.in. Retrieved 2017-09-08.
Coordinates : 28°40′18″N 77°13′22″E / 28.6717°N 77.2228°E
- Jesuit schools in India
- Christian schools in Delhi
- Private schools in Delhi
- Use dmy dates from May 2018
- Use Indian English from May 2018
- All Wikipedia articles written in Indian English
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- This page was last edited on 31 May 2018, at 01:50 (UTC).
- Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;
- About Wikipedia
- Contact Wikipedia
- Cookie statement
- Mobile view